Thursday, December 12, 2013

Review: Saviour


Saviour
Saviour by Lesley Jones

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



"Saviour" by Lesley Jones is full of laughs, hot sex, serious issues, domestic drama, and intense situations. I will warn this book does contain some domestic violence and tender subjects. But overall is a tale of strength and new love.

Lauren or Loz as her friends call her is a fairly strong woman who has been in a shitty marriage for the last 5 years and its progressively gotten worse. On the night she decides to tell her girlfriends that she is leaving Jason or Jay she meets an Angel. She loves her music and throughout the book you can amass a playlist of songs. But from the opening bar scene where The Clash - "Should I Stay or Should I GO" the reality of her life is clear. She needs to GO and does.

Gabriel aka "Angel" is at the bar that the girls are at and its pure attraction at first sight. From there its a whirlwind of highs and lows. I gotta say I love Gabriel's character for his honesty and openness. He lays it all out there, good and bad, for Lauren. It may start with a cheesy pick up line..."So, you come here often?" but evolves into the hot, sexy, smoldering lines like..."Yeah baby but you're my slut." *giggles* He only has Lauren's best interest at heart and does everything he can think of and more to show her how much she means to him even after just meeting.

Even through everything shitty that happens to Lauren you can't help but love this new relationship with her 'Saviour'. I have to say that there is a hea/cliffhanger, but it is not too bad. I am certainly ready to pick up where this book leaves off.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment