Thursday, November 14, 2013

Interview with Author Harris Channing


Welcome Author Harris Channing & Thank you for doing an interview with Sweet, Beautiful, Moments in West Florida!!

Thank you so much for having me!

Tell us a little about your most recent release.

My newest release would have to be, IN SARAH’S SHADOW.
It’s an American Historical Romance set in Colorado’s Rocky Mountains. And hey, it only took me 20 years to complete!

Here’s a synopsis of IN SARAH’S SHADOW.
Mother Nature plays matchmaker...
Frostbitten Roberta Shallcross is a woman in need of a hero. David Henderson is far from that. He's a drunk who can't get past the murder of his wife, Sarah.
When David grudgingly saves Bobbie's life from the Rocky Mountain wilderness, she intends to return the favor. But will their burgeoning affection be powerful enough to overcome his guilt and grief?


Here were the Questions...

If someone asked you why they should read it... What would you say?
Because it’s different. Yes, it’s a romance but it’s not your typical romance.  Yes, David is an alpha male, but he’s not your typical alpha male.  And Roberta is compliant and feisty, all at once.
I feel that the mix of typical and atypical make for a wonderful read…

If you had to describe your writing style with one word... What would it be and why?
Unpredictable. Why?  Because I never know what story is going to come next…I write many different genres, and I love them all. I just never know who will be stepping forward and telling the muse to write their story.

If you had to describe yourself with one word... What would it be and why?
Compassionate.  I hate to see people hurt.  I hate to see animals hurt. I love deeply and care deeply. I will cry for you and with you and laugh for you and with you…and only sometimes AT you. J

What is the thing you find toughest about being an Author?
Finding the time to write.  I’m a cover designer and am so thankful to have a job where I work from home.  I work for SirenBookstrand and until recently Whiskey Creek Press.  I average at least 40 covers a month, sometimes more.  So, finding the time is difficult…but even more so is teaching myself to MANAGE my time more wisely.

Is there an Author that inspires you to write?
Yes, my critique partner, Lori Brighton.  She’s a magician with words. Last year she put out quite a few novels to my one.  She’s amazing.

Who is your favorite Author, currently?
Besides Lori you mean? I don’t really have a favorite.  I like so many genres, so many authors. I would be hard pressed to choose just one.

What is your favorite book of all time and Why?
Again, that would be difficult to say.  For the longest time it was GONE WITH THE WIND.  But now, I’m not sure. My daughter has introduced me to Neil Gaiman and John Green. I’m fond of Nora Roberts and Stephen King…

When reading... What genre do you prefer?
At the moment I’m reading Cherise Sinclair…but I don’t really prefer one genre to the next. I pretty much read what I’m in the mood for at that particular moment.

We all claim a book boyfriend at one time or another... Who is your current book boyfriend?
OMG!  I don’t have one!  How sad?  I’m a book boyfriend slut.  I love most of the heroes I read about!

Enough about books... Let's get to know you!

This or That?
That.  I’m never satisfied with what I have.
Vanilla or Chocolate?
Vanilla ice cream, milk chocolate candy
Sour or Sweet?
Sweet. Some people have a sweet tooth, I have a mouth full of sweet teeth!
Money or Happiness? 
Enough money to feel secure. That helps with happiness, which I think is the most important.

When it comes to a guy...
Looks or Personality?
Personality
Billionaire or Rockstar?
Billionaire
Boxers or Briefs?
Briefs
Control Freak or Careless Jerk?
Ugh…option 3 please?  J

In the bedroom...
Submissive or Dominant?
Depends on my mood.
Handcuffs or Blindfold?
Blindfold
Whipped Cream or Lotion?
Whipped cream…sweet teeth, remember?
Sweet/Slow or Hard/Fast ?
Sweet and slow

Wow, some intense questions!

Thank you so much for having me on your blog. I had a great time!



5 comments: