Monday, January 19, 2015

Review: Withering Hope


Withering Hope
Withering Hope by Layla Hagen

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



I loved Amiee and Tristan's endurance and love story, I had thought for certain you were breaking my heart at the end though ;) Thank goodness the author must like happy endings too :D

I just loved the epic-ness of their fight to survive and not give up no matter the dangers and struggles. I know I would have been jaguar or spider food somewhere along the way but Amiee and her ability to adapt and forge on is such an inspiring tale as well as finding her true heart of hearts before marrying the wrong man. Tristan and Amiee are so opposite yet so perfect for one another, and no not just because they are stranded together from the crash either. Her light balances his dark enough to bring him into the light and feel joy and love again. The little things held so much meaning, like him gathering her favorite color in flowers, to her moments of oopsy-daisy's, where she was enough a girl that screaming at a snake was the most hilarious moment during their survival. The best was the moment she decided on her use of a certain item as if it was loosing its hold on her bit by bit. And then the loss of weight enough that when the time was in alignment for her to move on it slipped off and clattered to the floor.

I would love to see a second book from Chris' POV from his dispair and search then heartbreak and finding new love. :)



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment